Popular Posts

Monday, February 28, 2011

College For All Essay

Javier Mayorga 2/2/11

My College for All Essay


o

Oakland is not what people think it is, sure it’s dangerous but not everyone is ghetto like most people think it is. There’s a lot of different people here. Probably what I describe my family to be like is caring cause they all get along, at least some of them do. Some opportunities that I have received here are to achieve a better education for my future, I’ll receive a better salary and more money every year than what I’ll normally get if I don’t go to college, and get away from danger or that might affect me somehow. One major issue that I have in my community is gang fights, I’ve seen many fights and all of them are pretty violent, and even some gang fights happen in my neighborhood. Anyway I’ve found ways to overcome this, like just walking away from them or just ignoring them. College is important for me and my family cause it will affect us positively in the future that is coming, and I also can be one of the first people in my family to go to college, and I hope I can make it. It will help us in the future and us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment